It’s been in the works for a while, and we’re excited to announce a new release! Our latest educational video covers the legal rights and responsibilities of Michigan bicyclists for law enforcement. While its intended purpose is as a “Roll Call” video for officers to view and discuss before a shift, lots of people can benefit from this brief, 10-minute overview of the laws on bicycling in Michigan.
We’d like to thank everyone involved in the production:
- This material was developed through a project funded by the Michigan Office of Highway Safety Planning and the U.S. Department of Transportation, with additional support from DALMAC Fund and Ann Arbor Bicycle Touring Society.
- Written by Matt Penniman, with contributions and suggestions from John Lindenmayer, Emily Shinevar, and many others
- Videography and editing by Ryan Frederick of Mitten State Productions, with voiceover narration by Trisha Kosloski, 2nd camera by Justus Rohlfs and some graphics by Clint Ford
- Onscreen introduction by Michigan State Police Captain Kyle Bowman (thank you!)
- Scenarios enacted by Karen Beauregard, Marcia Beer, Melissa Charenko, Jason Craner, Michael Hammond, Ned Jackson, Veronica Jackson, Ellen Lamb, Malcolm Moncheur, Bob Peña, Matt Penniman, and Andrew John Rable
- Produced by the League of Michigan Bicyclists
Please enjoy and share!
Looking for more? Contact education coordinator Erin Sloan-Turner at [email protected] for more information.
Categorised in: Uncategorized