FROSTED FAT BIKE RELAY RACE DAY DETAILS:
• Sunday, January 28th, 2024
• This is a team relay race in Southwest Michigan on a ½ mile, groomed, flat track.
• The track is located in “The Pit Fitness Ranch” 14791 Hoffman Road, Michigan 49093
• RACE ONE will begin first with a 9:00am start time WITH A MEN’S AND WOMEN’S DIVISION. 4 rider teams will race 100 laps for 50 miles on the ½• mile track. (Limited to the first 40 teams.)
• RACE TWO will race begin after Race One at approximately 1:00pm WITH MEN’S, WOMEN’S, AND CO-ED DIVISIONS. 4 rider teams will race 50 laps for 25 miles around the ½ mile track. That’s only 6.25 miles per rider. *Coed teams must have at least 1 member of the opposite sex represented. (Maximum of 40 teams)
• For the 100-Lap race, the track will open at 8:00am for the 9:00am, and for 50-Lap race, the track will be open after the first race is complete, and the racers have cleared the track.
• When the race begins, your team will make exchanges by slapping hands to switch racers in the designated exchange areas. Each racer will have a chip on their number plate to count their team’s laps.
• We ask that you try to dress in the same kit, or colors to help the spectators follow the lead teams.
• Race will be announced by Brian McDaniel of Mac’s Sports Timing.
• Teams are encouraged to bring team tents for protection from the elements, warmth and training bike set up. (Electricity will not be provided for portable heating devices.)
• Will this be more fun for the Racers or the Spectators? Whatever the case, this won’t be a candle party! Be sure to dress for the days elements.
1. Fat bikes must be equipped with a minimum of 3.7 inch width tires.
2. YES…YOU CAN SHARE BIKES!
3. No regulations on how bikes are equipped, but only Fat Bikes allowed.
4. No E-Bikes
14791 Hoffman Rd
Three Rivers, MI 49093