paid internship – 20-30 hrs per week – $12+/hr based on experience
The League of Michigan Bicyclists is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) statewide membership organization. We envision a state where bicycling makes life better for everyone; serves as an everyday option for more people to commute, get around and have fun on roads and trails; and connects us to the natural world and each other. We are a small team of hard-working advocates, working mostly remotely. We’re looking for an early-career intern to join us in improving life through bicycling!
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advance LMB’s mission to improve life through bicycling
- Support outreach to LMB members and prospective members through mailings, order fulfillment, inquiry responses and similar administrative tasks
- Develop draft content for articles, reports, editorials, press releases, newsletters, action alerts, website, social media, direct mail, and other publications
- Support advocacy campaign efforts including coordinating grassroots support for LMB initiatives
- Assist with content management on LMB’s websites
- Answer inquiries from the public
- Other duties and office responsibilities as needed in small non-profit environment
- Previous experience at a non-profit organization or relevant business
- Previous experience in customer service or member service
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Workspace (Drive, Docs, Sheets)
- Graphic design experience (Adobe Creative Suite) is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Conscientiousness, strong work ethic with attention to detail
- Professional demeanor, sense of humor, and a strong ability to collaborate
- Capacity to solve problems and identify ways to complete tasks more efficiently
- Self-motivated and self-directed, seeking guidance when appropriate
- Interest in public policy
- Enthusiasm for bicycling!
LMB is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive environment. We encourage all eligible and interested candidates to apply – that means you!
Please send resume and a brief cover note by June 15, 2021 to Matt Penniman, Communications Director, at [email protected]